Welcome to The 40 Percent Symposium
Frankfurt 2014 Symposium - Programme Announced
With the increasing threats of climate change, extreme weather events and energy security it has never been more important to manage commercial property assets in a sustainable way in order to preserve and enhance value.
As Professor Ben Kirtman of Miami University said recently when talking about the tidal surges that regularly batter the Miami Beach coastline: "climate change is no longer viewed as a future threat round here. It is something we are having to deal with today."
The 40 Percent Symposium is the leading conference programme in Europe focusing on the impact climate change and sustainability has on the value of commercial real estate investments, occupation and the effective management of those assets.
The Symposium acts as a forum for the exchange of knowledge, new ideas and environmental strategies. It provides an unparalleled opportunity to network with leading industry figures in the world of investment and corporate occupiers and attracts senior delegates across all real estate sectors.
This year’s Frankfurt Symposium is again being held at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof on Wednesday 5th November 2014.
The programme will cover:-
- The impact on value and investment of extreme weather events.
- The link between sustainability, shareholder value and investment management with contributions from leading industry speakers.
- The future for Green Bonds and Green Real Estate funds.
- Can landlord and tenants interests be reconciled so that sustainability becomes a win win situation?
- What and where is the future for the large certification bodies in Europe?
- The impact of Energiewende on real estate.
- Multiple reporting. Which standard should you choose? Hear from the experts.
- Mobility and office company working in the smart cities of the future. Implications for investors.
You can find out more about the conference programme here.
Speakers already confirmed are:
- Jochen Schenk, Real IS AG
- Wolfgang Rips, Deutsche Bahn AG
- Francois Canton, Unibail-Rodamco
- Christian Stolte, Dena
- Prof. Dr. Sven Bienert, Regensberg University
- Ulrich Steinmetz, Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management
- Roger Baumann, Credit Suisse Real Estate
- Alex Edds, TIAA Henderson Real Estate
- Prof. Dr. David Lorenz, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Christoph Wildgruber, Allianz Real Estate
- Dr. Birgit Memminger-Rieve, ES EnviroSustain GmbH
- Christiane Conrads, DLA Piper
- Dirk Mölter, Goodman Continental Europe
- Sander Paul van Tongeren, APG Asset Management
- Wolfgang Gemünd, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
- Dr Michael Moliter, SciencesPo.
- Simon Cox, Prologis
- Maria Hill, ECE Projektmanagement G.m.b.H & Co. KG Germany
- Dr. Albrecht Reihlen, Deka Immobilien Investment GmbH
- Ingemar Hunold, Union Investment
- Dr. Daniel Piazolo, IPD
- Andreas Tiemann, Dena
- Hermann Horster, BNP Paribas
- Robert Gabriel, PE International
To find out more about our speakers please click here.
We are pleased to be supported this year by ZIA, DGNB, RICS, GreenRating and GRESB and our media partner, greenIMMO.
Full ticket prices start at €850. To take advantage of our early bird rate or supporters discounted rate click here. The Symposium is in English to reflect the international nature of the event.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 40 Percent Symposium Frankfurt 2014.
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor at the premier European Sustainability Conference then please click here for more information