This website is operated by 40 Percent Symposium Limited, (’40 Percent Symposium, ‘our’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) (a company limited by guarantee, no. to be supplied). 40 Percent Symposium complies with data protection legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998. This regulates the processing of personal data relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data. The aim of this statement is to tell you how we will use any personal data you provide through this website. Please read it carefully before you proceed.
2. Collection and retention of your personal information
We may collect and process personal data relating to you. This information (including but not necessarily limited to your name, email address and current employment information) is provided by you through the use of enquiry and registration forms, the purchase of any products or services, attendance at one of our events, the provision of your details to us either online or offline for instance through market research, by agreeing to partner, sponsor, support or speak at one of our events or by becoming a registered user of the site.
3. How we use your information and with whom we share your information
We may use your personal data for the following purposes: i. To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us;
ii. To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us such as processing orders, registrations and enquiries iii. For market, customer, product and website assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve our conferences and services and provide you and other users with relevant information about our conferences and services Allowing users to participate in interactive features of our services should they choose to do so and
iv. If required to do so by law or other legally binding obligation. We may also share your personal data with our partners, supporters, sponsors, suppliers or other relevant third parties for 40 Percent Symposium marketing purposes in connection with a conference you have registered for or attended We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified by name) to
• Build up marketing profiles
• To aid strategic development
• To manage our relationship with partners, supporters and sponsors
• To audit usage of the site
We may contact you by email or in any other ways you have communicated to us with offers of services or information that may be of interest to you. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, or by emailing email@example.com, giving your email address and details of the information you no longer wish to receive. Except as set out in this statement, we do not share, sell or transfer your information to anyone else. We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting or marketing. In such cases the third party may receive your information.
• to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us review, develop and improve our website and services. We cannot identify you personally in this way. Two types of cookies may be used on this website: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). ii. Disabling/Enabling Cookies You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser.
5. Links Our site contains links to other websites over which we have no control.
We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage use you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
7. Updating your information
You may review, correct, update or change your personal data at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Contacting us
If you have any questions about this statement or your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or via 35 The Grove, Ilkley, West Yorkshire LS29 9NJ